Circal Engineering is a small Calgary based Electronic Design Services company servicing the High-End Audio market. Circal provides product design services from concept, through design, development, prototyping, testing and setup of production processes. Product developments include Home Theaters, Power Amplifiers, Pre-Amplifiers, DACs and various audio post-processing.
We have an immediate need for a motivated individual to join our team to contribute in the development of our core technologies. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. Software engineer responsibilities will include development, writing code, and documenting functionality.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, testing, maintenance and support of innovative, best-in-class software products. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual with strong analysis and development skills.
This is a rare opportunity for an individual passionate about audio to join a small team to work on the design and development of High-End Audio products and technologies.
- The primary responsibility will be to develop software for new product development, including embedded system development for leading-edge audio renderers.
- Design, implement and execute complete module verification strategy.
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems
- Actively pursue professional development and acquire new skills
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Proven work experience as a computer software engineer or software developer
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail are keys to success in in this role
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as able to work independently
- Previous experience with embedded systems is required
- Ability to develop software in C, C++, C#, Java or other selected languages
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and Raspberry PI would be a strong asset
- Knowledge and experience with hardware electronics, Wi-Fi systems and audio streaming would be an asset
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (such as JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Critical Thinking - Ability to think creatively and unconventionally. Typical solutions don't always cut it. Innovation and imagination go a long way
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field of study
- Work location: Circal Engineering, 214, 5126 – 126 Avenue SE, Calgary, AB T2Z 0H2
- Type of position: Full-time
- Apply via email direct to email@example.com
- Immediate start date
- Salary dependant on experience